Justice Jagdish Singh Kehd was sworn in as 44th Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar on January 4 2017, the Supreme Court was sworn in as the 44th Chief Justice. President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan Chief Justice sworn in ceremony.
With this, India's first Sikh judge, Chief Justice Khehar said. They have been appointed to replace Chief Justice TS Thakur.
Chief Justice TS Thakur, retired on January 3, 2017. Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar Rhenga term of 27 Augusta 2017.
Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar about:
• Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar was born on August 28, 1952.
• In 1974, he graduated from Chandigarh.
• He has an LLB from Punjab University.
• From 1979, he began practicing.
• They mainly Punjab and Haryana High Court, Supreme Court and High Court of Himachal Pradesh was practicing.
• February 8, 1999 he was appointed a judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
• November 2009 created Uttarakhand High Court Chief Justice.
• He then became Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court.
• In September 2011 he became a Supreme Court judge.
• Justice Khehar also has chaired the bench, the imposition of President's Rule in Arunachal Pradesh was dismissed.
• A five-member Constitution bench headed by Justice Khehar the National Judicial Appointments Commission was dismissed.
à¤†à¤œ à¤•à¥€ Current Affairs à¤¹à¤¿à¤‚à¤¦à¥€ à¤®à¥‡ à¤ªà¤¢à¤¨à¥‡ à¤•à¥‡ à¤²à¤¿à¤¯à¥‡ à¤¯à¤¹à¥‰ à¤•à¥