Current Affairs 10 January 2017Current Affairs
10 January 2017 Current Affairs
The world's largest street light replacement program launched in India
Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal on January 9 2017 national street light replacement (Selanpi) program started. The show's South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) was introduced to the area.
On the occasion, Minister for street light replacement EESL app launched for South Delhi Municipal Corporation. By using this app any citizen could complain corrupt street lights. These complaints will be processed in the next 48 hours.
• SDMC national street light replacement program over 2 million street lights will change.
• SDMC's national energy savings program will save 2.65 million kilowatt power.
• New technology street lights by 22 thousand tons per day would reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
• The second phase of the program to deal with the BSES and SDMC. It has over 75,000 lights will be installed in parks.
• South Delhi Municipal Corporation in this regard by the public, e-mail, social media, municipal councilor and complaints were received from the mobile van.
National Street Light Program (NSLP):
• The program currently Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Tripura, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan continues.
• So far 15.36 lakh street lights have been replaced with LED lights.
• 20.35 million kilowatts per day in the country's energy savings.
• More than 1.68 million tonnes of the greenhouse gas is emitted to the environment benefit.
Get the latest jobs directly into your inbox