Current Affairs 17 DecemberCurrent Affairs
17 December 2016 Current Affairs
Haryana Women Police Volunteer Initiative
Haryana police on December 16, 2016. Women started the volunteer initiative. Karnal and Mahendergarh districts started this initiative as well as Haryana became the first state to adopt the scheme.
The plan originally envisaged by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development. The Volunteer batch woman by police officers for their role in the state have already been trained.
• The plan covers batch Haryana 1,000 female police volunteer.
• Volunteer in the scheme through the police and rural police officers, the creation of a link between local communities is envisaged.
• volunteers such arrangements will be made in each village where they can track the atrocities on women.
• The volunteers have been trained by the state police.
• national policy for women was unveiled in May 2016. The policy for the development of women in seven major areas have been earmarked.
• There are seven major verticals - health and food security and nutrition, education, economy, administration and decision, violence against women, environment and climate change issues.
• The government has urged state governments that they give 33 per cent reservation for women in the police service.
Get the latest jobs directly into your inbox